Thursday, March 30, 2006

“Whoooo are you? Who-who-who-who…” (sing along with The Who)

Have had a few hate mails recently along the lines of ‘who the hell are you’ and ‘who do you think you are’ etc which is kind of surprising and disappointing but understandable too in a way, I guess. I know the support of the blog far outweighs any gnashing naysayer (thanks for the emails) but it’s always the one or two meanies that drag you down. So here’s what I’ve got to say to the doubters: poo to you.

It’s only a blog. It’s a place to share, cajole and encourage. It’s about screenwriting and yes, while my experience may be limited in terms of production and screen-credit, my passion and dedication to ‘script’ is what makes this blog tick, and I hope it’s useful to most of the visitors to the site, especially in the UK.

All constructive criticism welcome and appreciated (indeed, if you have a favourite/least favourite part of the posts then let me know; what you’d like to see more of/less of etc). This is post no. 164. And if you have to leave an anonymous comment, why not put a name down at the end anyway to show that you’re genuine. It really does help to validate your comments, whether they are good or bad. The comments section is switched off for today as I'm not trying to seek out undiluted praise but will return tomorrow.

Exciting times ahead. Opportunities, pitches, pilots, Cannes preparation, all that jazz. Am right in the middle of negotiating an option for my latest horror spec, Origin, with the proviso that I direct it as well. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

No comments: