Thursday, November 09, 2006

Script Reading Offer

I’m just coming out of a brief busy spell of writing but it’s easing up now and gives me time to take a look at the run up to Christmas. Not a lot seems to be happening at the moment, so I can open my script reading books again. If you would like to get an industry report done on your script, then send it to me and I’ll do you coverage for 60 smackers. Yes, for 60 quid you can have one of two options:

Option 1: An industry standard four-page report. First page, basic details including logline and brief. Second page, synopsis. Third and fourth page, comments and critique. There wouldn’t be many sugar-coated comments in this report - this option would be useful if you wanted to see what an anonymous reader would think of your script if it was given to him by the exec.

Option 2: A four-page report, this time with the synopsis overlooked in order to get straight down and dirty with comments and feedback. This is the more constructive and helpful option, offering tips and advice on what the story may need to improve, rather than straight, critical comments.

For those of you unfamiliar with me and the blog, here’s a quick reminder: I have been a script reader since 1999, and I’ve read for companies such as Channel 4, Miramax, Working Title and Pathé, amongst others. One exec recently said: “just wanna say your coverages are great. We now send them to the head honchos to keep them in the loop.”

You can email the script at the usual address (see my profile). PDF, Final Draft and Word files all accepted. Payment can be made by cheque, BACS or PayPal. I look forward to reading your work.


Lucy said...

Nothing going on? I had this exact same problem in September. Now feel like I'm drowning in scripts and editing - with a deluge of METLAB ones on their way... Gulp!

Danny Stack said...

I hear you. Lots of stuff waiting in the wings. If they all happened at once, I'd be swamped!