You may have seen this on Shooting People, Talent Circle, and the like, but they're still open to submissions, and they've got a bit of cash to offer, which is better than none. Actually, it's quite a decent offer, all things considered. And I know the guys involved, and they're top blokes, oh yes.
Many Hands Productions Thriller Scriptcall
Further to our success in the corporate sector, Many Hands Productions Ltd is now seeking to acquire screenplays for feature film production.
Many Hands Productions is looking for material that...
• Is a member of the Thriller genre only (no horror or gangster material please)...
• Features a UK backdrop...
• Is innovative, and very “pitch-able” – able to hook an audience on the strength of its premise alone...
• Can be shot on a micro-budget...
You must include a 1 PAGE TREATMENT, broken down into the following categories, along with your SCRIPT (in Final Draft or PDF):
• Project title.
• Writer’s name, address, daytime telephone number and email.
• Logline delivered in the industry-standard format (ie. THE FUGITIVE – “After he's wrongly convicted of murdering his wife, a high-powered surgeon escapes custody and hunts down the real killer, a one-armed man”).
• Genre (and sub-genre, if applicable).
• Full narrative synopsis including ending.
The following will harm your application:
• Poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Poor layout and failure to follow the above remit.
Many Hands Productions is able to offer a fee of £1000 MINIMUM (contracts will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis) for scripts accepted onto our slate.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications Many Hands Productions will be unable to inform unsuccessful applicants individually. Applicants are not limited to submitting one project, however.
If you do not hear from us, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please email your screenplays and 1-page treatments to manyhandsproductions @ googlemail.com and specify “SCRIPTCALL APPLICATION” in capitals in the subject line of your email. Your application will be judged solely on the strength of the material attached, so no text is necessary in the email itself.
Strictly no phonecalls or messages please.