Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Red Planet Notification

Have you seen the news? Slight delay, but we're contacting the finalists over the next few days. It'll all be done by Friday, I reckon, so keep an eye on your inbox.

There seems little point about me blogging about anything else until then. However, to help the lighten the load, I'll squeeze in this meme. You've probably seen this a squillion times already but here's my version...

---

Lame But Proud, 5 Things:

1.
One of my all time favourite songs is ‘Annie’s Song’ by John Denver.

2.
When I was 9, I came third in an ‘Erin Soup’ writing competition. The subject was ‘knitting’. I got an ‘Erin Soup’ t-shirt.

3.
I wrote to Trevor Eve when I was 12 (when he still had his Shoestring 'tache), and asked for a signed photograph, to which he kindly obliged. I had a meeting with his production company recently: ah, the circle of life… Didn’t meet him though.

4.
Fresh 'off the boat' (I flew, really) from Ireland in 1994, I got a temp job at Channel 4 and for my first day, I wore a suit, for which I’m still teased about, like, 13 years later…

5.
I did a Secretarial Course when I was 17 and learned to type, which is still one of the most useful things I’ve ever done.

13 comments:

Lucy said...

I did a secretarial course too Danny! Buy I'm lamer than you cos even though I did one, I can still only manage 48 words a minute.

Lucy said...

And I'm also the typo queen. That should be "but" not "buy".

potdoll said...

I bet you looked very nice in your suit Danny. x

Anonymous said...

Just like to run this plot line past you. It's about a prisoner on death row. He is due to go to the chair in mid October but he gets a stay of execution and a retrial at the end of the month. At his retrial they reach a verdict but they refuse to tell him. Then just when he thinks he's going to get an answer the whole process starts again. The film closes on him running naked covered in cooking oil (from the prison kitchens) trying to avoid the guards, his mind having finally gone. What do you think? KYLE ALEXANDER

Anonymous said...

Just when he's about to be caught, he slips through their gasp (all that cooking oil), dives through a window into a field full of peonies and wanders off into the sunset to commit another (literary) crime, probably for Channel 4's pilot scheme. So they execute someone else.
Fade Out.

JB

Frying Pan Prods said...

Out of the Frying Pan
and
Into the Fire (the spin off) are already in late stage devlopment - I'm afraid

Anonymous said...

There's a poster on Dom's blog who says he heard he was through yesterday. I'm assuming therefore that the fat Diva is at the very on least on stage and clearing her throat.

All and any updates, good or bad, gratefully received!

fat lady said...

listen....

mattowski said...

Hi

That was me who left the comment on Dom's blog. I received my e-mail yesterday morning telling me I was through to the second round and asking for my full script. I was absolutely amazed to tell the truth. I'm hoping that there are more finalists within the writers blog community - good luck everyone!

Cheers
Stephen

Liz Holliday said...

A friend (one I didn't even realise had entered) just emailed to say he's through.

Anonymous said...

I'm out by the looks of it. I can see why, which is a good thing. I would've been worried if it had gone through to the next round because the story doesn't quite flow in the first 10 pages.

I did do a rewrite last month, and it works much better now.

Congrats to the people who got through.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid our fellon was executed by lethal rejection at 9:54 AM friday the 9th Nov 2007. No flowers. Donations to Al Anon. KYLE ALEXANDER

Piers said...

So can we see a picture of you in the suit then?