If you're based in Dorset or the South West, or heck, even beyond, then why not come along to the networking party that's happening next week? It's organised and hosted by the wonderful Rosie Jones. I'll let her blurb do the talking:
Sequel to Cannes is a networking party for industry film professionals and associates which provides opportunities to meet with other independent film professionals and film support agencies in an easy, relaxed atmosphere.
The event takes place on 30 July 2009 at The RNLI Training College in Poole from 7pm – 11pm. Sequel to Cannes will feature:
* Launch of The Sequel to Cannes Screenwriting competition (1st prize £500 sponsored by Creative Dorset)
* Launch and Live demonstration of the new Internationally accessed ‘Location Poole’ Film talent database
* High energy speed networking session; Giving YOU the opportunity to meet with Producers, Writers, Film Support Agencies and Film Industry Artists
* Trailers and screenings of films, made by local award-winning filmmakers
* Live demonstration of the RNLI Sea Survival Tank (Available for hire to film production companies)
* Bar available until late!
The events sponsors, UnLtd, Creative Dorset and the Poole Arts Development Unit will be available during the evening along with organisations such as Location Poole, South West Screen, UK Trade and Investment, The Writers' Guild of Great Britain, The Production Guild, and a member of the Skillset Board. They are all able to offer advice and support on funding, bursaries and training for individual artists or projects.
Tickets are on sale on a pre-booked basis for £16.50 through Lighthouse 08700 668 701 or £25 on the door (cash only).
Full information can be found here.
It's been running for three years now, and it's a great night out. Fun, friendly and, um, filmy. See you there!