Monday, November 07, 2011
Red Planet Prize 2011/2012
The Red Planet Prize is back!
It's the best screenwriting competition in the world.
- FREE to enter.
- A truly amazing prize: £5k, a script commission and an agent (if you don't already have one).
- Lots of opportunities and mentorship for the finalists.
- Robert Thorogood, a finalist in the inaugural 2007 competition, developed his new BBC series 'Death in Paradise' via the Red Planet Prize.
- Many other finalists have launched their careers through the scheme and have worked, or are working, on other shows.
- Quite simply, it's a screenwriting competition by writers for writers.
Here's how it works:
- Submit the 1st ten pages of a 60-minute pilot or one-off 60-minute TV script. Any genre you want. A 100 word synopsis and a 16 word maximum logline is also required.
- If we like your first ten pages, we invite you to submit the entire script.
- A shortlist is compiled. A winner is chosen from an esteemed line-up of judges.
Full details and how to enter can be found on the website. And/or click here to read how and why the competition started.
THE DEADLINE IS 16TH JANUARY 2012. Plenty of time to think of a new idea, polish the first ten pages to an inch of their life, AND have the entire script finished in case it gets chosen for the second round.